Grumbling – Bible Study
In our lives, we are constantly influenced by a multitude of people and things. Ideally, we seek positive influences that uplift and inspire us. But what happens when the influences in our lives are overwhelmingly negative? Unfortunately, for many, complaining and grumbling have become a favorite pastime. When immersed in such an environment, it becomes all too easy to adopt a negative attitude and join the chorus of discontent. Let’s face it, considering the current state of our country and the world, negativity seems like the default stance. For the Believer, how does negativity impact our relationship with God?
1. What do you think of the saying, “You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with?”
2. Read Numbers 2:2-13. What do you think about what God says to Moses in verse 12?
3. Read John 6:60-65. Did grumbling or negativity kill the disciples faith and trust in Jesus?
4. Do you feel that Philippians 2:14-16 states we should not grumble as Believers? If so, how do we best accomplish this?
5. What are some ways that we can curve/remove grumbling and negativity from our lives?
There are other Bible Studies published on this site. Click here to learn how to lead a Bible Study for Preppers.