In an SHTF situation, even the best of us can find we are dealing with a mountain of stress and anxiety. Throw on top of a “situation” that we might have to help manage the stress and anxiety of spouses and kids, makes knowing what to do to get everyone “healthy,” an important task. Robyn Stewart, LPC, draws on over 27 years of counseling experience to share some very important tips for managing stress and anxiety for ourselves, our spouses and even our kids during the COVID19 pandemic or any other SHTF situation.
Resources Recommended by Robyn:
- The Emotional Support Line (Harris Center) 833-251-7544 – Specific help for COVID Stress
- The Crisis Hotline 713.970.7000
- Houston Center for Christian Counseling – 281-277.8811 Main Line
- **Quick Self-Assessment – Stress Symptom Checklist
- Find a therapist skilled in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) to tackle trauma and clear out the brain of traumatic debris.
- Scriptures to Remember
- Ephesians 6:11-12 – Put on all the armor that God gives, so you can defend yourself against the devil’s tricks. We are not fighting against humans. We are fighting against forces and authorities and against rulers of darkness and powers in the spiritual world.
- Psalm 30:5b MSG – The nights of crying your eyes out give way to days of laughter.
- Psalms 30:5b KJV – Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Coronavirus for Preppers (Resources)
- Join the Exclusive Prepper Website Email Group
- Sign-Up for the List and Get the FREE PDF – 25 Handpicked Preparedness Articles You Should Read!
Items of Interest:
- Food Storage eCourse @ Prepper Website NET
- Grab a Prepper Website t-shirt! (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Get “My Prep Journal”
- Legacy Longterm Food Storage (Affiliate)
Remember, there is a HUGE selection of great preparedness content at Prepper Website!