Foraging is a topic that comes up often in the Preparedness Community. There are many myths and ideas concerning foraging. Dr. Mark Merriwether has been foraging since he was a child. He has a wealth of knowledge and shares it with us in this episode.
- Ep. Link – Episode 674
- Website: Foraging Texas
- Website: Medicine Man Plantco
- Connect with Merriwether
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/foragingtexas
Mentioned in this Episode:
- Getting Started in Foraging – Identify trees -> bushes -> vines -> flowers -> weeds and as each is identified do a Google search on its edible, medicinal, or toxic properties.
- Respect the 4
- Don’t die Foraging
- Plants – Match 5 structural features
- Mushrooms – Match 8-10 structural features
- Plants to Know
- Resources to Learn More about Foraging
- Mark’s Amazon Wishlist
- Join the Exclusive Prepper Website Email Group
- Sign-Up for the List and Get the FREE PDF – 25 Handpicked Preparedness Articles You Should Read!
Items of Interest:
- Join The 5 Day Build Your Own Prepper Group Challenge
- Food Storage eCourse @ Prepper Website NET
- Grab a Prepper Website t-shirt! (Amazon Affiliate Link)
- Get “My Prep Journal”
- Legacy Longterm Food Storage (Affiliate)
- Checkout the Kit Link Bomb for Advice on Building Your Various Kits!
Remember, there is a HUGE selection of great preparedness content at Prepper Website!